Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Earl Slick: The Art of Vibrato



Earl Slick is one of my favorite guitar players of all time.  His career has paired him up with John Lennon on his final all new studio album Double Fantasy and David Bowie where he played on three Top 10 albums: David Live - 1974, Young Americans (1975) and Station To Station (1976), the latter featuring the smash mega-hits "Fame" and "Golden Years." "Earl is a legendary guitar star and a musician of great feeling, " says Bowie. " his playing is earthy, timeless and never less than stellar." Slick's impressive resume also found him virtually replacing Brian Setzer in the Stray Cats during the mid 80's. 

Now I normally write about pickups, but frequently I just like to share ways to get great tone. As luck has it, I recently obtained a video Slick made at a guitar clinic were he discusses vibrato. The topic of vibrato can be found all over the web, however, when a legendary guitarist like Slick sits down to lecture and demonstrate the precise way to get great vibrato it's much more appealing. I hope you find this video as interesting as I did. \m/!  http://bit.ly/9IlP23

No comments:

Post a Comment